Osfoora is a new’ish Twitter client for the Mac.
Overall, it is a very polished app that works extremely well. It has all the features you would expect in a great Mac Twitter client:
- Multiple account support
- Lots of keyboard short cuts
- Growl notifications (if you are into that)
- Instapaper integration (it’s about the links)
- Good inline image previews
However, there are some things which drive me nuts and I hope get fixed/updated/implemented:
- No easy way to scroll to the top. I really don’t need to read or scroll through all tweets. The lack of support for Command+ArrowUp catches me off guard all the time.
- No keyboard short cut for reporting spam and/or blocking someone. Direct missile support would be nice as well.
- You can mute users (nice) but muting keywords would be better. I am really hoping to avoid seeing even a single SXSW tweet. Help!
- No drag drop on images. Similar to scrolling I try this daily because it is just supposed to work in every Mac app.
- If you are going to support Url shorteners, skipping bit.ly is a big oversight.
Despite the list above, I still highly recommend it. $5 is a small price to pay for something as nicely put together as Osfoora.
And of course, don’t forget you can find me way too often on Twitter at @scottw.